Tibetan Singing Bowl
- Hand-hammered and handmade in Nepal
- Made of 7 traditional metals
- Antique finish with Tibetan mantras and symbols inlaid
- Bowl measures about 9.5-11 inches diameter, 4-5 inches high
- Bowl weighs about 4 pound
- Includes wooden mallet, a gongstick and a singingbowl cushion (design may vary)
- Inner and outer design may vary as each bowl are handmade individually
Tibetan Singing Bowls have been used for centuries around the foothills of the Himalayas. Ancient monks used the bowl as an aid to their prayers. The harmonics from the bowl is believed to be similar to the mantra "OM" which signifies consciousness and universal knowledge.
Tibetan Singing Bowls are made up of 7 metals (gold, silver, copper, tin, lead, mercury, and iron). Each bowl is individually made and possess a unique sound and design. Each bowl is engraved with the mantra "Om Mane Padme Hum". Inside the is etched with various spiritual mantras and symbols.
A singing bowl is a great companion for meditation. A gentle tap of the bowl will fill the room with relaxing harmonics and vibrations. Just a few minutes of sessions with the bowl during meditation will enhance the meditation experience.