Flower of Life Singing Bowl
- Hand-hammered and handmade in Nepal
- Made of 7 traditional metals
- Antique finish with Tibetan mantras and symbols inlaid
- Bowl measures about 10 inches in diameter, 5 inches high
- Bowl weighs about 4 pound
- Includes wooden mallet, a gongstick and a singing bowl cushion (design may vary)
- Intricate flower of life design inlaid inside while the outside is oxidized
Tibetan Singing Bowls have been used for centuries around the foothills of the Himalayas. Ancient monks used the bowl as an aid to their prayers. The harmonics from the bowl is believed to be similar to the mantra "OM" which signifies consciousness and universal knowledge.
Tibetan Singing Bowls are made up of 7 metals (gold, silver, copper, tin, lead, mercury, and iron). Each bowl is individually made and possess a unique sound and design. Each bowl is engraved with the Flower of Life on the inside and the outer part of the bowl is oxidized to make it black.
The Flower of Life is a very important symbol in many religions and ancient cultures. It signifies the unity between our physical self and spiritual self. Thus, we see the use of this symbol mostly in meditative practices. It is believed that the flower of life is the blueprint of every life in this universe and concentrating on this pattern while meditating will help us transcend into deep meditation.
A singing bowl is a great companion for meditation. A gentle tap of the bowl will fill the room with relaxing harmonics and vibrations. Just a few minutes of sessions with the bowl during meditation will enhance the meditation experience.